The Lambda Beta chapter of Sigma Kappa at Coastal Carolina University was founded in 2014. Since being founded, we have become incredibly active within our community and university.
- Every year our chapter participates in the local Walk to End Alzheimer's. In 2019, we beat our goal and raised the most money we ever had at $12,000.
- The sisters of Lambda Beta currently visit and assist the residents at Carolina Gardens senior living home in Conway, SC.
- In 2019, we held our first homecoming dance with the residents of Carolina Gardens, as well as crowning a homecoming king and queen.
- In 2016, our chapter won the 1874 giving grant, and with this grant we donated memory blankets to the residents of Brightwater nursing home.
- In 2019 we held our first annual Ultra Violet Karnival, where all proceeds were donated to the Sigma Kappa Foundation.
- Our chapter went from ranking 7th place academically within Panhellenic in Fall 2019, to ranking 3rd in Spring 2020!
- Sigma Kappa won 2nd place in Coastal Carolina's annual greek week competition in 2019.
- Sigma Kappa won 2nd place in Coastal Carolina's annual mock rock competition in 2019.
- Sigma Kappa won Panhellenic pride week in both 2018 and 2019.